Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Hello, Lovely Make & Take, part V - the final chapter

Making cards is such great therapy.  Ironically, what's caused minor household stress around here is the bit of basement flooding that happened Monday... since the basement is where the office/craft room is, I'm cut off from my stamps and card stock.  So, today I'm sending cards as therapy, rather than making them. The restoration guys are giving it about another 3 days to be completely dried out... Then I can clean up the craziness and get back to crafting!  Fortunately, we did not have any significant damage to our belongings, but the crate where I had all my Stampin' Success magazines got wet.  While the property manager and maintenance guy were working on the house, I was sitting in the corner with my heat tool, drying out my magazines.  Made me feel as if I was doing something useful, and the Stampin' Success collection will survive :)

On with the show!  The cap of this make & take was the attractive little gift bag.  The idea of the project was to bling the cards, decorate the envelopes, wrap them in the gift bag and have a quick and useful gift.  This cutie little bag makes it a total success.   




My bag differs only slightly from the model below, I had used some of the ribbon from my kit for my cards. Instead of wrapping the bag with the new Bermuda Bay 1/8" Taffeta ribbon, I made a bow and stuck it behind the Old Olive card stock banner.  The Silver Glimmer paper was cut with the 1-3/4" circle punch. Glimmer paper is great - all the bling with none of the fuss of regular glitter.  and those are the little rhinestone basic jewels on the banner that have been part of the theme of this project.  A little fold of Calypso Coral Chevron ribbon adds a little extra color and texture.

"Hello, Lovely" is a great stamp set to have.  There's an eclectic variety of 10 stamps including sentiments and decorative elements.  I especially like the "Thank You - You're the Best" sentiment, because you can use it together as shown, or you can cut it in two and have a "Thank You" banner and a "You're the best" arrow to use separately.   A little retro, a little vintage, a little modern... works well with other sets or all on its own.

Everything for these projects can be purchased from www.creativeflare.stampinup.net

Previously unlisted supplies:
Tag a Bag gift bags: 131370 $3.95 for 10 bags.
Bermuda Bay 1/8" Taffeta ribbon:  131206 $5.95 for 10 yards
Calypso Coral Chevron ribbon:  130018 $8.95 for 10 yards
Silver Glimmer Paper: 124005 $4.95 for (2) 12" x 12" sheets

Other possible color combinations for this project are: 


These palettes coordinate with the Eastern Elegance, Epic Day, and Birthday Basics designer series papers.  Imagine what you can do with that!

This project is so flexible, there's an amazing amount of tweaks you can do - adding designer series paper or even going with a monochromatic theme.  Great for planning a stamp camp or class, or getting a jump on your holiday gift giving.  Fast, fun, gorgeous, done!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment