Monday, July 29, 2013

Hello, Lovely Make & Take - part 3


This blog is my take on the "&" card in the bottom right corner of the idea sheet.  Ampersands are hot right now, probably because of their curvy, free-form appeal.  The original was simply the "&" stamped in Bermuda Bay classic ink, and then just stamped off 3 or 4 more times, creating a little visual echo on the corner of the card.  I kept with this original idea, and added a little bling.



I stamped an extra "&" onto a separate piece of Whisper White card stock, cut it out and used some Stampin' Dimensionals to give it some pop.  The "you" and "ME" stamps come from the "You make me happy" stamp in the set, stamped in Old Olive and Crisp Cantaloupe and trimmed to fit the card.  Also from the set is the arrow fletching stamped in Coastal Cabana on the top left.  The chevron banner is more of the same strip I cut to make my first card of this series.  The kit came with ribbon and glimmer paper for the gift tag, there was enough to make the silver heart and add just a sniglet of ribbon to this card.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment