Here's an uber-adorable gift bag to make for sweet party favors ...
1 sheet 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper
Stampin' Trimmer (126889 $29.95)
Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334 $29.95)
Simply Scored Diagonal Plate (125586 $11.95)
Adhesive (SNAIL shown here - 104332 $6.95)
Paper Snips (103579 $9.95)
Ribbon and decor...
Step 1. Cut paper to be 8-1/2" by 12".
2. Place long-ways on the Simply Scored Board (aka S2B) and score 1" from the "top" and 1-7/8" from "bottom"
3. Turn 90 degrees and score at 2-7/8", 5-3/4", 8-5/8", 11-1/2" - this will form the sides of the bag (2-7/8" square)
4a. Score the gusset (optional): slide the paper 1/2 segment to the right and score at 1-1/2 and 7-1/4. This will divide the first and third sides of the bag in half for folding when not in use. (score lines are at 1-7/16 and 7-3/16)
4b. Score the bottom angles of the gusset: Place the S2B Diagonal plate on the S2B and score from the
1-7/8" score line (the bottom of the bag) to the center line of the gusset. Do this for both side gussets.
4c. Turn the paper 90 degrees, and score the other angle of the gusset from side center line to bottom line.
5. Using scissors, trim along vertical score lines from bottom edge to 1-7/8" line. This forms the bottom flaps of the bag.
6. Mountain-valley fold the bag sides and gussets as appropriate, use adhesive along 1/2" side tab to secure bag together.
7. Fold bottom tabs of bag under and secure with adhesive. To make the bottom of the bag sturdier, you can place a 2-7/8" square of card stock in the bottom of the bag.
8. Fold top 1" edge down to create bag "top". Punch holes for ribbon on non-gusset sides (optional).
9. Now you're ready to decorate! I used 3/8" Stitched Satin ribbon in Summer Starfruit (126846 $8.95) to create my bag handles. Other embellishments are Calypso Coral card stock (flower -Blossom Punch 125603 $16.95) and Summer Starfruit card stock with "Dream" sentiment (Loving Thoughts set 125843w $29.95/125845c $23.95)
It's a very versatile pattern, you can make them as tall or short as you like, add a decorative edge instead of reinforcing and ribbon, or keep it simple by stamping on 12 x 12 card stock and using that in place of the Designer Series Paper.