Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ginormous Cards

My grandparents recently celebrated their 68th anniversary, and I wanted to commemorate the event with an extra special card.  The finished size of the card is 12" x 9-3/4", able to fit in a standard 10" x 13" mailing envelope.


Supplies:
2 sheets of 12 x 12 card stock
Hearts Framelets 
Big Shot
Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die
Small Heart Punch
Blossom Builder Punch
Scallop Trim Border Punch
Designer Series Paper
Tim Holtz' Grungeboard Numbers


Step 1:  I scored 1 12 x12 sheet of card stock at 9-3/4" and folded it along the score line.  This forms the spine of the card.  The second sheet of card stock I cut at 9-5/8", and adhered it to the inside of the small flap.  This makes the front and back of the card


This is the card, opened on my Simply Scored board to show the scale...



This is the finished card.  I used Tim Holtz' grungeboard numbers to trace the large "68" and cut it out with scissors... I'm too cheap to actually use them, I just keep tracing and cutting them for my projects :)


The stamp sets used are: Perfectly Penned and Elements of Style, ink and card stock colors used are Always Artichoke, River Rock and Calypso Coral, the little hearts were coated with Crystal Effects and let dry - takes about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment